> On Aug 14, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Trygve Inda <cocoa...@xericdesign.com> wrote:
>
> How can I do this safely?
>
> The problem here is that if myArray is being replaced in the main thread
> after [hostObject myArray] is called but before objectAtIndex:2 is called,
> than myArray will disappear out from under the caller.

I believe atomic synthesized properties already support this. The getter method
retains and autoreleases the object before returning it to the caller, to
ensure that it can’t be dealloced before the caller returns (or exits an
@autoreleasepool block.)

(Of course this adds a lot of overhead to the getter, which is why some people
make all synthesized properties nonatomic unless they need to be thread-safe.)

—Jens