I am missing something big, because I am having nothing but insane trouble when
trying to get a simple tab view working with autolayout. Every path I head down
has strange problems. I've tried slimming it down to the smallest test project
and I'm still confused.

The problems I'm seeing are randomly positioned views and inconsistent sizing:
http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/TabViewResizing1.mp4

Here's the project:
http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/TabViewResizing.zip

The goal of this project as is, is simple: using an NSTabViewController, add
multiple tab view items where each of the items has a view with its own
autolayout-determined fixed size (as in, either an intrinsic content size, or
the constraints of the subviews dictate the size of the view itself.) **That's
it.** And I've been struggling with this for hours.

In the test project I have two tabs. Each has an NSView subclass that has an
intrinsic size so that the view itself must always be at that size. Those views
are then added to the tabview via tab view items. I expect that the layout
system will resize the views to be at their intrinsic size, and position them
properly within the tab view.

Instead I'm seeing them a) not always be at their intrinsic size, and b) if the
tab switches in the middle of animating, then it stops at some interrupted size.

Can anyone explain this?

Bonus question:
How am I supposed to get a normal bordered tab view with tabs on top using an
NSTabViewController? Using NSTabViewControllerTabStyleSegmentedControlOnTop
shows the segmented control, but there's no border? Using
NSTabViewControllerTabStyleUnspecified + tabView.tabViewType =
NSTopTabsBezelBorder; is as close as I can get, but then the tab view item's
view placement is wrong?

--
Seth Willits