> On Aug 21, 2015, at 18:13 , Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> I’d recommend you try to avoid calling the Swift side “exceptions”. It’s
> error handling, and although it’s not completely unlike exception handling in
> other (non-Obj-C) languages, it’s treacherous to confuse the two when dealing
> with Obj-C.

Really? It sure seems to be precisely an exception, in that it's an exception
to the "normal" flow of control (e.g. return). Just because the type of what's
thrown is called "Error" doesn't change the fact that they're conceptually
exceptions (as opposed to, say, returning a boolean true/false to indicate an
error).

In any case good to know I'm not off my rocker in thinking properties could
throw except--errors.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com