Hi Markus,

I'm guessing that your NSArrayController is in the nib itself. One thing you could do is instantiate it programmatically and set it as an ivar of some other controller class in the nib (lets call it MyWindowController). Then bind the views to the MyWindowController.arrayController.arrangedObjects (or whatever the applicable keypath is).

When your view is hidden, you can set MyWindowContoller.arrayController to nil and it *should* just work. We've used this same pattern in our code, but we're only using the arrangeObjects and selectedObjects keypaths of NSArrayController.

Also, I haven't played with NSCollectionView, but it seems odd that it has problems if the data changes when its not visible. It sounds like a bug to me...

- Andy