On Sep 12, 2015, at 1:45 PM, sqwarqDev <sqwarq...@icloud.com> wrote:

>> On 13 Sep 2015, at 00:43, SevenBits <sevenbitst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That document doesn't mention an API…
>>
> Hence, since that is the current documentation, my conclusion : “Don’t think
> so”.

There is an API. Much like with sandboxing it just may not be public, which
means it is inappropriate for discussion here. I’m not sure why Apple considers
this kind of thing off limits, but that is inappropriate for discussion here as
well.

However, there are secondary ways to detect SIP. For instance, using the “ls
-lO” command will show the restrict flag on certain files. I believe that flag
is present when SIP is on, and isn’t when it isn’t. I’m not positive on that
specific thing, but the idea holds. Certain things will be different that you
can test.

Yes, performing secondary checks sucks… but until Apple gives us an API.
Whatcha gonna do?

-Ed