> On Sep 19, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like Swift is incapable of resolving the specialization of U when
> there is more than one generic type specifier:

Maybe it’s because the second type-spec T isn’t defined when the function is
called. In both Michael’s and your examples, it doesn’t look to me as though
the compiler has enough information at the call site to figure out what T
should be. In Michael’s case I think T needs to be bound to the return type of
self.moExistsWith, but working that out requires parsing the interior of the
function being called (createMOforEntityName). That’s the sort of thing C++ can
do because templates are really a type of macro expansion, but I’m not sure
Swift’s compiler works that way.

—Jens