If there is only a small selection of frequencies and durations your app need
to play, you can pre-record them as audio files and play them back when
required.

If it’s something like an instrument or requires procedurally-generated audio,
you may want to package the sound effect you want into a Core Audio virtual
instrument and procedurally generate a MIDI sequence.

Those options allows you to fine-tune (no pun intended) the tune using some DAW
like GarageBand.

The latter will not only allow your app to use the tunes, but also Core
Audio-compatible DAWs like Logic Pro X or GarageBand, and you can make ads of
your app with music generated with the same software instrument but
professionally written and mastered.