I guess I need more help than that. Here is what I’ve got:

NSViewController - with a NIB that has a plain NSView, with an NSTextField in
it. Using an NSPopover, the NSViewController is the content for the popover.

My only two classes are the NSApplication delegate, and the NSViewController.
Neither -keyDown nor -performKeyEquivalent: get called there. I’m reading this:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/EventOverview/HandlingKeyEvents/HandlingKeyEvents.html

From reading there, since I have no NSWindow, and no NSMenu, there is no
key-view loop or NSApplication has nothing to send me the command key
equivalents for. I’m wondering if perhaps I need to use a global monitor for
events while the popover is up, and remove it when its dismissed.

I don’t mind handling the events myself and processing them - but beyond using
a global monitor for events, I’m not sure how to set them up and get them in my
NSViewController…

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 2:30 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 28, 2015, at 1:05 PM, Alex Kac <a...@webis.net
>> <mailto:a...@webis.net>> wrote:
>>
>> The problem is that without a menu bar, none of the CMD key functions for
>> text fields works now. Stuff like cut, copy paste. So with that in mind, how
>> do I enable that to work?
>
> You may need to capture the key events (possibly in your view’s
> -performKeyEquivalent:) and process them yourself.
>
> —Jens

Alex Kac - El capitán