I have a simple playlist playing qt movies in coreanimation, playing quicktime movies using the QTMovieLayer class. After I swap the qtmovielayer with another, the replaced layer never gets released.

Garbage collection is off, and I'm working with quicktime 7.5 and osx 10.5.3

Every qt movie is used only once, after that it is (or should be) released. If I try to release the qtmovielayer manually, it gives the following warning:

"attempting to modify layer that is being finalized - <QTMovieLayer: "

The layer is allocated with + (id)layerWithMovie:(QTMovie *)movie

Is it correct to allocate a new qtmovielayer for every movie, or should I keep the movielayer count
low, and only have 2 qt movielayers max. during the swapping of layers.

Freddie Tilley