> On 25 Oct 2015, at 5:51 am, Nick <eveningn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> What am I doing wrong?

This:-

> self.window.contentView = self.vc.view;

A NSWindow is not itself a NSView, so it needs to have a closely associated
view that hosts all the rest of the window’s content. That is the contentView.
It should remain behind all other views, and be the root view of the window’s
view hierarchy. It is owned by the window, and is exposed mainly so that you
can add subviews to it, though you can replace it with a specific view subclass
if that makes sense - it still must be the root view in your window. There’s
some new NSWindow API in 10.10+ that allows you to instantiate a window and set
the contentView using a view controller - maybe that’s confusing you, or this
addition has exposed a problem with what you’re doing that you happened to get
away with previously.

What you’re attempting sounds reasonable, just that setting any child view to
the window’s root view is obviously going to mess up the view hierarchy, with
undefined results.

I’m not sure what your code ought to be doing exactly, but something like this
replacing the line I’ve picked out may do it:

[self.window.contentView addSubview:self.vc.view];

—Graham