> On Oct 24, 2015, at 8:45 PM, Peters, Brandon <bap...@my.fsu.edu> wrote:
>
> Devs,
>
> I have a UIStackView, which holds an image view and a text view. The image
> view has an activity indicator view as a subview (I add this
> programmatically). When the view initially view loads, I center the activity
> indicator view within the image view and starting the animation for the AIV.
> But, in the process of waiting for the image to load, if I rotate the image
> view, the AIV needs to be re-centered. I added code to listen for the status
> bar orientation change notification, and have a method to invoke upon the
> notification (UIApplicationDidChangeStatusBarOrientationNotification). In
> that method, I attempt to get the bounds of the image view and use that to
> re-center the AIV within the image view. But, it seems that the value of the
> bounds of the image view is not changing when the device orientation changes.
> Is there a “reliable" way to get the updated bounds for a view after the
> device orientation has changed? Code ->

Why do all this at all? Just add 2 constraints that tie the center of the
activity indicator to its superview and it will remain centered always.

[_activityIndicator.centerXAnchor
constraintEqualToAnchor:_imageView.centerXAnchor].active = YES;
[_activityIndicator.centerYAnchor
constraintEqualToAnchor:_imageView.centerYAnchor].active = YES;

(or equivalent if you need to support prior to iOS 9).

--
David Duncan