Ok, I hear what you are saying but I’ve almost got it working as it is and what
I’m doing is not that difficult and I should be able to do it in the Scripting
Bridge, the thing that is confusing me is that:

set myObjectID to the id of (object of myWindow)
set myContent to the plain text content of message id myObjectID

what is "message id” in this case? In

There is a definition of:

@interface SXOutlook2011Object : SXOutlook2011Item
- (NSInteger) id;  // The unique ID of a record.
@end

Which shows the id as being an Integer but on SBElementArray, there is a method:

- (ObjectType) objectWithID:(id)identifier;

Which takes an object, not an integer, I think if I could get the correct ID
for the message I could just call this method which would solve my problem.

I’ve got a work-around that seems to work which is to get the Outgoing Message
from the current messages array instead of via the Window. This does seem to
work, but and I think it will be ok to use it, I’m just slightly worried that
there may be a case where the message of the front window is not the same as
the current message…..

All the Best
Dave