In XCode 7, I’m getting a new warning when compiling some code that uses
NSFileWrapper, due to the addition of the NON_NULL qualifier:

Null passed to a callee that requires a non-null argument

The code is:

        NSFileWrapper* fw = [[NSFileWrapper alloc]
initDirectoryWithFileWrappers:nil];          //<—  Null passed to a callee that
requires a non-null argument
        [fw setPreferredFilename:[self name]];
        [fw addRegularFileWithContents:content
preferredFilename:kDKOLibraryItemDataFileName];

I’ve been doing this forever without any issue - create the directory file
wrapper, then add regular files to it. The API design appears to condone this
approach, even if it’s not spelt out anywhere. Now it seems we have to turn
this all around and precreate the dictionary then create the enclosing
directory wrapper.

While this change isn’t too hard, it seems like extra work and means going
through old code that’s working fine, with the possiblity of creating bugs.

Has this approach always been bad, or is it a new thing? I’m all for tightening
up sloppy coding, but could it be that in this case the non-null qualifier is
in error?

—Graham