I’m struggling to get the behaviour I want from NSSegmentedControl.

I want each segment to have the same width, which is the overall width of the
control divided into equal parts. When the overall control is resized, the
segment sizes should change, but remain equal to each other and fill the
available width.

Currently, I can either set the segments to have ‘automatic’ width, which sets
them to be just enough to fit their icon, or ‘fixed’ width which is maintained,
but in both cases the control size remains fixed and never visually resizes
with the enclosing view. Unless the enclosing view is just right, the control
is either too narrow, or too wide and clipped off. I have no idea in what
universe this behaviour is supposed to be useful.

Is there a way to set it up so it works how I want? I’m not using autolayout
directly - the control is set to resize to its enclosing view using the classic
struts to each side and a spring in the middle.

—Graham