On pet 13.11.2015., at 05.18, Ken Thomases wrote:

> Try, as an experiment, leaving out the aspect ratio constraint.  If that
> changes the split view behavior, try putting it back but at a priority lower
> than the split view holding priorities.
>
> I suspect the problem is that, as the video player is forced to shrink, it
> can't maintain its _exact_ aspect ratio (in part because the auto layout
> system tries to maintain whole-pixel sizes).  Since the aspect ratio
> constraint is at a higher priority than the split view holding priorities,
> auto layout prefers to break those before breaking it.  Once it does decide
> to break the aspect ratio constraint, it still tries to get as close as
> possible, which is why the player does maintain its aspect ratio as far as
> the eye can tell.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that didn’t help :-(  What I fail
to understand is why splitView’s subviews holding priorities would matter at
all, especially while dragging its slider. If I understand documentation
correctly, holding priorities of splitView’s subviews matter only when the
splitView is being resized (in affecting direction) as a whole, that is as a
consequence or its superview/window being resized. Why would holding priorities
matter when a slider is being dragged by a user?

-- Dragan