> On 18 Nov 2015, at 08:26, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:
>

> Anyone know what NSFontManager’s designated initializer is?
>
> I have set the Font Manager’s factory class to my subclass of NSFontManager
> is previously discussed, but its -init method is never called. The Font
> Manager object is part of MainMenu.xib, which has ‘prefer coder’ unchecked.
> In any case, NSFontManager doesn’t implement NSCoding so it does not appear
> to expect -initWithCoder: anyway.
>
> —Graham

The documentation claims it’s init()

"Your font manager class should implement init as its designated initializer.”

It also seems to indicate that having it part of MainMenu.xib is too late

"This method must be invoked before your application’s main nib file is loaded,
such as in the application delegate’s applicationWillFinishLaunching: method."