> On Nov 17, 2015, at 7:21 PM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I was thinking that Parallels or VMWare was my next option, but nothing
> in their product information says anything definitive about getting a VM with
> an older OS version on it. If I have to *install* the OS, then I’m stuck with
> the same problem. I assume it’s doable.

I can personally vouch for Mountain Lion running well in VMWare. Where it gets
hard is when you are running Snow Leopard or earlier, and not for any
technological reason—those versions are artificially blocked from running in a
virtual machine unless you are running the Server version, due to certain terms
in the EULA. Apple seems to have revised the license for Lion and later,
though, and those versions generally have no problems running in VMWare (I
haven’t tried it in Parallels).

Charles