On Nov 24, 2015, at 08:47 , Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:

> In so doing, I now need the parent window in my action methods, so I can send
> the -[NSWindow endSheet::] message which runs the completion handler.  In
> many cases, the sheet is handy but the parent window is not.  No problem, I
> thought, just use send -[NSWindow parentWindow] to the sheet.

I think you’ve got hold of the wrong property. The parent window
(“parentWindow”) is in relation to *child* windows (addChildWindow:ordered:),
which are non-sheet windows that are related to their parents in position and
functionality. The parent window in relation to *sheets* is “sheetParent”.

This property is fairly recent (10.9). IIRC in the old days you had to get the
sheet parent more like your current workaround code is doing.