You can set a different tag value for each button (in IB), then in the action method use -[sender tag] to get the value. Tags are just an integer number that most controls support and their use is entirely decided by the programmer - Cocoa doesn't use them.

Alternatively you can of course just have two different action methods, one for each button - very often this will be the cleaner solution.

hth,

Graham