> On 29 Nov 2015, at 12:20 PM, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> you can no longer go back to the pre-save state

There is one exception to this: Undo. If you don’t clear your undo stack on
save, then it’s possible to undo past the last save point. I’m not sure, but I
don’t think NSDocument clears its undo state by default on save - looking at my
code, I’m doing this manually (or not, I have a preference for that). Not sure
if that’s pertinent to the discussion, but it may be worth bearing in mind.

—Graham