Quincey Morris Friday, December 4, 2015 10:04 AM

That sounds like a definitive answer. So you’re asking us because … why?

Definitive for the leading question, but not the secondary:

If strong, do I need to set the outlets to nil in the corresponding dealloc
method?

I had tested this and it appeared as if I did not need to nil out the reference at dealloc (this makes sense) but is it an on purpose behaviour that is supported by the ARC implementation or is it some side effect that may go away?

Most likely the former, but who likes to leave potential down the road a** biters lying around.