This seems tangential to cocoa-dev, though I am in a callback from a Cocoa
method, I don't think the crash is inside Cocoa but my own code. But here's
the problem, maybe someone can suggest a better forum.

I have a crash dump from a customer. I cannot reproduce the problem, and I
cannot expect the customer to have endless patience to run test versions
etc. The crash dump identifies the crash location as Routine+offset as I
would expect. The problem is determining the source line corresponding to
this (I realise that, due to optimization, the question of source line is a
fuzzy one, but some clues would help).

I have found how to view the assembly code in xcode 6, but there are no
offsets. I cannot use the as command on this assembly code because it seems
to use a lot of pseudo-ops not understood by as (I don't know if as would
give a report anyway). I could hand assemble but I don't know the
pseudo-ops either. otool doesn't seem obviously to help. Running the debug
version in the debugger won't give accurate offsets. I suspect my best bet
might be to load the production product (complication: it is a plug-in, not
an app), in the debugger, and examine the routine code, perhaps comparing
to the assembly code, but I don't know how to use gdb that way.

Anyway, what would you do with a crash dump routine + offset, not
reproducible?
Thanks in advance.