>> Never drove a slider with the keyboard before, so I added a keyDown and
>> keyUp method to the  mouseDown: one I posted earlier, with a bit of code to
>> try and be smart about when to send updates, so you don’t get them if you’re
>> just tabbing though. Seems to work well enough for this use-case, keyboard
>> and mouse, live update on the screen, one update at the end, 15 lines of
>> code and no need to artificially compress the events.
>
> Whoops, how did I not notice that - it should've been keyUp and mouseDown!
> You don't need keyDown because nothing changes until keyUp, but mouseDown
> won't return until the mouse goes up.

You don’t indeed - however if you add keyDown: as well and capture the current
value (if you don’t already have one captured) you can decide whether anything
actually changed on keyUp: or not. That avoids a spurious callback when you
just tab through the field. Not that it matters in this implementation but it
was easy to do.

Ok enough GUI fun, I better go write the actual bluetooth bit now