Given a set of rows in an NSOutlineView, I want to add some “handles” that show
up when you hover over a row. These handles would half cover the bottom of the
view that is being hovered, and half cover the top of the row below it.

Does anyone have any tips or anything to point me to how that might be done? My
only thought is to add the hover to my superview, and then figure out where to
add the subviews to that superview above the tableview…but I fear it wouldn’t
work so well during resize or scrolling.