So far as I can see, all recent Mac OS systems are 64-bit on 64-bit
hardware and can run an app shipped in 64-bit only. And 32-bit continues to
run fine.

But what about the future? Perhaps we can only speculate about whether
32-bit apps will be deprecated, but maybe Apple have started to hint that
32-bit has a limited lifetime? It's a question of prioritising work on old
apps, and what will happen to our customers with older apps in future.
Let's assume Cocoa has been weeded out of the apps already.

Thanks in advance for your speculations (or more solid facts!)