Hello list,

After putting it off for too long, I’m migrating to view-based NSTableViews.
I’ve worked through most of the conversion problems I’ve had, and am generally
pretty happy.  There is, however, one problem I haven’t been able to solve.

I have a NSButton in the same window as my table.  The button has “return” as a
key-equavlent.  This worked fine with a cell-based NSTableView, but with a
view-based table, ending editing in the table with a “return” key press always
triggers the NSButton as well.  This is obviously undesirable behaviour, but I
can’t work out an obvious place to intercept the “return” key press and discard
it.

My attempts thus far have been messing around with a subclass of the
NSTableView. I’m thinking this is probably wrong, and I should be subclassing
the NSTextField instead, but my experience with such things is minimal, and my
Google-Fu has failed me in finding someone else with a similar problem.  So, my
question is if anyone can give me a pointer to how to go about this.

Thanks in advance,
Arved