The notification’s userInfo *must* be a dictionary, trying to force it to be
something else is just asking for trouble. You could create a dictionary that
contains your array of dictionaries if you want to be able to pass it through
an NSNotification.

That said, IMHO, this use of notifications has a little bit of code smell.
Ideally, I would expect a notification to tell the control to
reload/refresh/relayout itself by asking an appropriate delegate or controller
for the data it needs (rather than getting the data out of the notification
itself). It helps to have a strictly defined path that your data can follow; if
it’s in an NSNotification, it could potentially have come from *anywhere*

--
Clark Smith Cox III
clarkc...@gmail.com