Though sometimes I wish Apple had an NDA-required list. Even if I had to send a notarized form somewhere, the whole NDA thing gets annoying sometimes.

Irrelevant. It's a legally binding agreement and this happens to be their list. Nobody likes it much (who would?) but, as has been mentioned on this list many times, trying to argue that point here is completely and utterly pointless.

  That's not a conceit; you're just preaching to the choir. ;-)

I read the press release, and it said "Grand Central is cool, it slices your bread for you".
 But how exactly does it do that?

If you're "in", you can ask DTS for now or wait for documentation to come out. It's presumably many months away from release, so the actual API can be considered to be "in flux", making documentation difficult (and therefore sparse) until it solidifies. In its current state, it's likely meant for you to experiment with via an example. A lack of forum is bemoaned several times a year almost as some sort of superstitious ceremony to scare away the evil spirits and end the apocalyptic drought.

  Dreary.

If you're "out", well, I myself was not at WWDC this year and curiosity is eating me alive. I admit I read very closely to see if your message contained any juicy tidbits. ;-)

--
I.S.