On Feb 24, 2016, at 13:44 , Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> However, if you use a clipping path, you can just create this on the fly as
> part of -drawRect: and so it’ll always be correct

I don’t recall Charles’s drawing code exactly, but I think this is just part of
the solution. It’ll always be correct for the part of the view being drawn, but
there’s no guarantee that the whole view will be redrawn if the relationship
between the bounds origin and the circle changes. I think Charles still needs
something to force redrawing of the whole view when the view geometry changes.

Of course, if the view geometry never changes, or the relationship of the
circle to the bounds origin never changes, then I think the forced redrawing
isn’t necessary.