On Mar 10, 2016, at 3:21 PM, Doug Hill <cocoa...@breaqz.com> wrote:

> I can see that people use multiple constraints when moving between different
> layouts. But what I don’t get is how there can be an alignment constraint
> that doesn’t cause a layout update when views move? How does autolayout
> decide to use the constraint when originally laying out the view but ignores
> it when the view layout changes? Apparently I don’t understand this very well
> but the docs don’t seem to go out of their way to describe this difference
> either.

When using auto layout, the auto layout engine _determines_ the layout from the
constraints.  You can't change the layout other than by changing the
constraints.  You should not move a view by setting its frame or bounds or
whatnot.  If you do, the change will only be undone on the next layout pass,
anyway.  The "current" position of views is not an input to the auto layout
system.  The position of all views is an _output_ from that system.

Regards,
Ken