I have a Core Data Document Based OS X application written in swift and using
storyboards. Whenever I build and launch the app, instead of automatically
opening the last opened document(s), it will create a new document. What I want
to be able to do is have the application automatically restore whatever
documents were last opened on application launch, if they are available. How
can I do this?

Does Apple have any sample code demonstrating this? Are there any WWDC videos
covering this topic for a Core Data Document Based application?

I have a sample github project for this question at:

https://github.com/ericgorr/last_saved.git
<https://github.com/ericgorr/last_saved.git>