Thanks Douglas,

Nice to know I'm not going mad!

Jon

On 16 Jun 2008, at 17:51, douglas a. welton wrote:

Jonathan,

I don't think you missed anything. I do believe that documentation is somewhat misleading for this class.

I was in the same situation as you, so I simply decided to get a CGImageRef (with the associated CGImageProperties) from my CGImageSourceRef object and use the -(void)setImage:imageProperties: method to set my image.

regards,

douglas

PS: This issue has been discussed on the Quartz list, but at this moment Apple Lists archives are doing something funky and I can't find the reference for you.