What does the compiler say?

Not tried this, but as BOOL is neither a pointer nor subclass of NSObject, I would not expect reliable results, but a type mismatch.

Of course, I could be wrong, YMMV.

Gary

On Apr 18, 2016, at 6:56 PM, Carl Hoefs wrote:

Suppose I have an object with a declared method signature:
 -(void)myMethod:(BOOL)a_bool;

Q1: If I invoke it like this:
[self performSelector:@selector(myMethod:) withObject:nil]; // nil obj
Will argument a_bool end up with a 0 value assigned to it?

Q2: But if I invoke it like this:
[self performSelector:@selector(myMethod:) withObject:someObj]; // valid obj
Will argument a_bool end up with a 1 value assigned to it?

-Carl

This email sent to tooth...@fastq.com