I'm planning a messaging app. I have in mind a message model class. In Phase 2
I plan to be able to send messages. (Phase 1 is just loading and saving from/to
disk.) I plan on using Core Data to handle the combo draft folder / outbox /
sent folder, with a CD Managed object class for the messages.

The thing is that the Phase 1, non-CD, model would then be a duplication of
work. The model is not database-ish, just dumb data, which is why I'm not using
CD immediately. I also worried on the differences between the
NsPersistentDocument and NsDocument models. Can I use a CD model object without
managed contexts nor persistent stores?  (I'd manually translate the model
to/from NsData during (de)serialization.)

Sent from my iPhone