There is the old NSCollectionView and the new. You have to use the new delegate
methods and so on. Its the same class, but behind the scenes the new collection
view is literally the UICollectionView from iOS ported over (syslog even says
UICollectionView…). Its not *at all obvious*.

I know I worked with it a few months ago and it was reusing the cells.

> On May 3, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 3, 2016, at 12:08 PM, thatsanicehatyouh...@me.com wrote:
>>
>> I should have been more specific - my understanding was that
>> NSCollectionView from 10.11 onward did not do this... which Alex Kac just
>> beat me to mentioning! I was curious if anyone was aware of limitations of
>> this scope with that caveat.
>
> I dunno — I have a Mac app using NSCollectionView, and before I sent my post,
> I experimentally added some logging to the -init method of the NSView
> subclass that draws the cells. I opened a window with a few hundred items
> (about four or five screenfuls) and saw that all of the views got initialized
> at the moment the window opened.
>
> This is on 10.11.4, and I built the app with Xcode 7.3, so I should be
> getting whatever the latest behavior is.
>
> Is there some particular way I have to configure the collection view to get
> the lazy-loading behavior?

Alex Kac - El capitán