> On May 5, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> After reading Quincey’s reply, I had concluded that this is one of those
> cases where Cocoa Bindings requires additional “glue”, which defeats one of
> the two purposes of Cocoa Bindings.  But it would be very cool if there were
> some configuration change that would be make this work in both directions.
> It seems like we’re really close.
>
> I’m accustomed to doing this kind of code-less binding to a Core Data model,
> wherein it “just works”.  That’s not surprising, because of course Core Data
> knows the data model in great detail.  It can observe everything.

Trying out your example it looks like both you and Quincey may be correct, but
on the opposite ends. The issue appears to be something with how view-based
tables work, rather than NSArrayController. If you substitute with a cell-based
table, it works flawlessly. The issue seems to involve binding through
objectValue, so I guess you are back to needing some kind of glue code.

I was able to get it to work properly by proxy-ing the array in the app
delegate, so this must specifically be an interaction between view-based tables
and NSUserDefaultsController. I would file a radar, FWIW.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.