On 08 May 2016, at 21:19, Matthew LeRoy <mle...@minitab.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, setting the table view’s delegate to nil during tear-down
> (either in -windowWillClose: or in NSViewController’s -dealloc) doesn’t seem
> to fix the issue. I still get random but regularly reproducible crashes, with
> the same stack trace.

Random ideas that may look similar:

1. -copy being called by the OS on a subclass of an AppKit class that you made
(NSCells are popular for this), where you forgot to override -copyWithZone:
2. Random memory smasher (easily caused by manipulating UI from another thread)
3. Some MRC code in your ARC code over-releasing an object before it's even
handed to NSViewController as a delegate.

… uh, can't think of anything else right now.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://stacksmith.org