Class Foo is a base class. It is subclassed in BundleA,  BundleB, … BundleZ.
The runtime still throws that message, regardless. There are one or two
methods implemented in the base class and not in the subclasses.

You can see this effect if you download, build, and run Apple’s BundleLoader
sample program.

Is this a real issue? or an artifact of inheritence?

Is there a better way to do it? I can’t currently how to have a singleton base
class
implementation that is shared among two or more bundles.

I suppose I could implement the base class in the bundle loader but that seems
to engender too tight a coupling between the bundleLoader and its bundles.
(smells bad).

A protocol will solve it but is undesirable since the base class methods would
then
have to be duplicated in each subclass (smells bad).

If using a category is the solution, I suppose then I’m asking for a good
example of
that. (Maybe BundleLoader could be revised to show that.)

Thanks,
Jeff