Hi All,

I’ve written some code that keep track of the currently active Application and
the currently focused window within that application. Basically I have a number
of windows in my own app and I keep a mirror of the Apps I am interested in,
for instance, if I’m working with TextEdit and Preview, then I’d have two
“fake” Apps in my own App and a “fake” window for each window in the the Fake
Apps,

TextEdit App                    -FakeApp1
TextEdit Window1                -FakeApp1-FakeWindow1
TextEdit Window2                -FakeApp1-FakeWindow2

Preview App                     -FakeApp2
Preview Window1         -FakeApp2-FakeWindow1
Preview Window2         -FakeApp2-FakeWindow2

This works quite well, but I’m confused on if and when I should call orderFront
and/or orderBack?

So if TextEdit is the Active App and its Front (Focused) window is Window2,
then I want my “FakeApp1" to be set “Active” and I want FakeWindow2” to be
front in my App.

I’m thinking I should call “orderFront” on my fake window when the window in
the real app gets focus, but do I need to call “orderBack" or whatever on the
window that used to be in front?

All the Best
Dave