> On May 24, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2016, at 12:33 PM, Doug Hill wrote:
>> OK, this might have been more obvious to people, but it finally came to
>> me how to handle the keyboard display.
>>
>> Instead of changing the view size, I move the center of the view up, then
>> apply a content inset to the table to adjust for the part of the table
>> offscreen. Animations seem to work much better now.
>
> Did you really mean “move the center of the view”? Or did you mean
> scrolling the center of the viewport?
>
> Either way, contentInset is definitely the way to handle this.
>
> --Kyle Sluder

When the keyboard comes up, I was trying to adjust the height of the view to be
smaller so that it would move out of the way of the keyboard. This had a
disadvantage of not keep the scroll offset, e.g. content offset. That is, if
the table is scrolled to the bottom, adjusting the height will hide the last
rows of the table but not keep the scroll area there.

Instead, I decided to move the view out of the way of the keyboard by adjusting
the center. This has the advantage of not adjusting the content offset. That
is, the table is scrolled to the same row. However, after the view is moved,
part of it will be clipped by the superview since the view was moved above the
origin of the superview. Adjusting the content inset of the table view will
cause the content to move down so that it won’t be clipped. And scrolling will
stop at the first row in the table.

Doug Hill