Hi all,

Been a while since I last posted here; seems I’m re-joining the cocoa-dev
firehose.

Anyway, the current version of iDefrag, 5.1.2, is compatible with OS X 10.10
and OS X 10.11, *but* currently it won’t run on OS X 10.10 without fiddling
around because OS X 10.10 doesn’t like the code signature on an embedded
Automator action.

I filed a bug report <rdar://25927947> and also posted on the Developer Forums:

  <https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/133828>

but today the bug report has been closed as a duplicate of <rdar://25664109>,
which is itself marked as closed and as is to be expected I have no visibility
of that bug other than that it’s closed.

So:

1. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. Is <rdar://25664109> *your* bug report?  Do you know its exact status?  Is
there going to be a fix for Xcode and/or OS X 10.10?

3. Does anyone with Radar access fancy taking a quick look just to see what the
deal is here?  It certainly seems that there’s a problem with code signatures
on Automator plug-ins built on OS X 10.11...

The alternative, if I don’t hear anything soon, is that iDefrag will *lose*
Automator support, because the present situation is untenable; right now, I
have to tell users to change their “Allow apps downloaded from” setting (no,
right-clicking and using Open doesn’t work, because iDefrag is code signed).

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net