I am setting some text to a NSTextView which includes the ‘½’ character.

s = name + “ CR "
switch (CR) {
        case 0.5:
                s=s+”½” // \u{00bd}
        case 0.33:
                s=s+"⅓"
        case 0.25:
                s=s+"¼"
        case 0.2:
                s=s+"⅕"
        case 0.17:
                s=s+"⅙"
        case 0.14:
                s=s+"⅐"
        case 0.13:
                s=s+"⅛"
        default:
                if CR<1 {s=s+String(format:"%.1f", CR)}
                else {s=s+String(format:"%.0f", CR)}
        }
s=s+"\n”

let d : NSData = s.dataUsingEncoding(NSUTF8StringEncoding)!
let ats : NSMutableAttributedString = NSMutableAttributedString(HTML: d,
documentAttributes: nil)!
self.blab.textStorage?.setAttributedString(ats)

What I see is 'Aasimar CR ½’ instead of 'Aasimar CR ½’.
Where is the ‘Â' coming from?
Is it the font or some swift-obj-C confusion?

TIA