HI all,

I am using NSTask to wrap ffmpeg, the video conversion utility.

I am able to invoke ffmpeg alright, but it’s unclear how the argument list
should be passed through NSTask. I tried making my various arguments into one
big string, but ffmeg doesn’t parse it, instead writing an error.

Here’s my code:

        NSString* execPath = [[[self class] ffMPEGURL] path];

        NSString* argString = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"-i \"%@\" -c copy
%@", [url absoluteString], [self.outputFileURL absoluteString]];

        self.ffMPEGTask = [NSTask launchedTaskWithLaunchPath:execPath
arguments:@[argString]];

What the argument string should look like is:

-i <source url> -c copy <dest file>

ffmpeg responds:

Unrecognized option 'i "http://<the stream url>" -c copy file:///<destination
file>'.
Error splitting the argument list: Option not found

Obviously I need to pass the arguments differently, but it’s not clear what I
need to do.

—Graham