I've been desperately trying to use NSRuleEditor for a while now, since it
presents exactly the type of interface I want to show to the users.

But I can't figure out how to properly get data out of it. I can configure
all of the delegate methods to build the interface, but then what?

The data I'm presenting doesn't fit into a predicate, so I'm unable to use
NSPredicateEditor.

The best I've come up with is to bind the RuleEditor's rows to something,
and then iterate through each row, finding the criteria, and then parsing
to look for the displayValue to build up some sort of other structure that
I can actually use elsewhere.

That just seems...yucky to me. Since I'd need to reverse the displayValue
into the real value in some manner, and most things that I've seen about
localized strings is that you really shouldn't go the other way. But maybe
I'm overthinking it and that is acceptable?

Or is there some other alternative method? If I just had a list of the
selected values of the criteria for a given row, along with all subrows
associated (and their selected values and so on), I'd be in business.

Any suggestions?

-Jim.....