> On 27 Jun 2016, at 06:11, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 25, 2016, at 7:44 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de>
>> wrote:
>
>> Absolutely not sure whether the code above is correct, but it seems to be
>> working.

> It’s fine; the certificate is public and intended to be shared. It’s the
> private key that’s sensitive. What you’re describing is called “key-pinning”:
> restricting a client to connect only with a server with a known public key.

That is very reassuring to know. Thanks for the confirmation.

> That was fast! This is frustrating stuff to implement. Or maybe the docs have
> gotten a lot better recently ;-)

I am great, am I not? (Well, to be honest, I have been struggling with this for
weeks, and also borrowed heavily from the Apple sample code TLSTool)

> If every instance of the server has its own key, then embedding a cert in the
> client app doesn’t work.

This project is for my own personal use. So there is just one server.

> The situation you want to watch out for is where the client connects to a
> server it’s already connected to, but the cert’s public key doesn’t match the
> previous one.

In this case the client will close the connection immediately.

Kind regards,

Gerriet.