On Jul 2, 2016, at 23:19 , Jo Meder <jome...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> radio buttons which have the same superview and action now all behave as if
> they’re part of one radio group

> Our framework expects the radio buttons to be independent.

> Having AppKit manage them automatically short circuits our UI framework.

> The radio buttons are always created programatically.

So, a short term workaround would be to create each button as a subview of a
unique “container” custom view, created at the same time as the button. Unless
you have hundreds of buttons present simultaneously, I don’t see that this is
going to have a performance impact, and there would be no other changes to your
code, except that any code that *iterates* through the buttons has to be aware
of the new view hierarchy.