It’s not so much that adding a single dummy view wrecks us.  Our cell layout
has a lot going on, with a fair amount of variable spacing and multiple views
often being hidden and swapped out.  The UIStackView scrolling performance slog
I’m seeing is just sum of all that.

Sigh, oh well.  I guess that’s just another refactoring branch I’ll have to
shelve for now.

Dan