This bug is blowing my mind as the behaviour is not deterministic.

I have two different NSViewController xibs that get loaded into the a place holder view in the main persistent document window. The xib's views each contain 2 outline views. The outlines views are only *occasionally* get updated when new data is loaded into their NSTreeControllers.

To track this bug down I created a new window in the main document xib and crated a pair of outline views connected to new tree controllers but otherwise it is identical to the NSViewController sub views. Guess what? This extra window in the main xib works as expected 100% reliably!

Next I replaced the custom view place holder with 2 outline views and connected them to the same tree controller as the debug window created in the last step. Again every thing works.

Ok I thought maybe I buggered up the tree controllers in the sub- xibs. So I bound the 'values' binding to the main window's, working (proved in the last 2 steps) Tree controllers. Again nothing happens the outline views remain empty 95% of the time and only occasionally are populated.

Ah hah think a developer possiblly I buggered up the 'representedObject' property in the NSViewController subclasses, but no such luck When I programatically ask the sub-xib's tree controllers the count of their arrangedObjects they comes out right. This means that the binding through the file owner's represented object is finding the managedObjectContext as expected.

Finally as an act of desperation when I asked the sub-xib's outline views to reloadData I also marked the [newController.view setNeedsDisplay: YES]. Again nothing.

Now I'm must be missing something obvious but I can't find it in the mass of NSViewController/NSView NSResponder documentation, Please help. Honestly the non-determinism is screwing with my mind.

Thanks in advance,

Godfrey