On 20.08.2016 at 22:01 Quincey Morris wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2016, at 10:59 , Andreas Falkenhahn <andr...@falkenhahn.com> wrote:
>
> If so, one alternative is to back-load your “thinning” of
> handleEvents() rather than front-loading it. That is, use an algorithm like
> this:

Actually, this is pretty much what I'm doing right now and what I meant by
saying that I use a timer that doesn't poll for events more than 100 times
a second.

> Note that this introduces an average/expected delay of 0.005 secs
> before handling an event after the event queue went idle

...and this is exactly what I wanted to avoid by looking for an equivalent of
GetNumEventsInQueue(). But apparently, there doesn't seem to be one. That's
no big deal for me, since I can live with that tiny delay which doesn't
seem to be noticable anyway. I was just wondering whether Cocoa had an
equivalent for GetNumEventsInQueue(). If that isn't the case, then I can
live with what I have here.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com