Kirk and Everyone:

I learned that developers can call Apple with questions, so I called in
about my theory that it is iOS that’s killing my app and the disastrous bug
I’m hunting for doesn’t actually exist.

The tech who took my call agreed: when you build an app using a free
developer account, Xcode creates a certificate only good for seven days.
Seven days after your last debug session, the app will simply be killed
without comment whenever it launches.

I have asked that they add a message when this happens. Because money is
tight, I wasn’t going to pay the sign-up fee for a full developer account
until I was ready to distribute; but the fact that I could never seem to
write an app that would work reliably over time meant I would NEVER be
ready to distribute.

--

Charles